Louis M. Jurist, MD
Board-Certified and Fellowship Trained in Orthopedic Surgery of the Hand
Dr. Jurist is a well-established hand surgeon who has practiced in this area since 1990 and started New England Hand Associates in 1997. He is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with over two decades of experience in the specialty.
Attending Brown University as an Economics major, Dr. Jurist graduated with honors as a Phi Beta Kappa. He received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, graduating in 1981. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Tufts-New England Medical Center, where he still holds an appointment as a clinical instructor. Dr. Jurist finished his training at the University of California at San Francisco Medical Center, where he completed a fellowship in hand surgery and microsurgery.
Dr. Jurist is active in national professional societies such as the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and serves as a board member and other medical staff leadership positions at the hospitals at which he holds medical staff privileges. Personally, he enjoys golfing and biking, participating in Pan Mass Challenge bike ride for the Dana Farber Cancer institute for 10 years.
- Castle Connolly’s Regional Top Doctor’s list 10 straight years, 2010 - 2019
- Boston Magazine’s Top Doctor’s list, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report Top Doctors List, 2011
- Patients’ Choice Award, 2008
Medical Staff & Community Leadership Roles:
- Currently sits on Board of Trustees for Milford Regional Medical Center
- Has served as Secretary, Vice-President and Chairman of the Medical Executive Committee
- Currently on town’s Board of Selectmen
- Has served on past school committees
See one of our expert hand surgeons today or call our main office at (508) 872-7881 to request an appointment. With four locations in Framingham, Milford, Concord, and Westford, we’ll find a time and an office that’s convenient for you.
New England Hand Associates complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Click HERE for more information.